The Visto Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Diversity Scholarship
The Visto Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Scholarship was established in 2015 by Visto LLC, through the O’Toole Media Awards, to support diversity in the New Media and Data Science disciplines within advertising and media.
The Fund was created in memory of former Senior Executive of Visto, Bill Caspare. Bill was a true industry innovator with over 15 years in new media/digital advertising. He was both a founding member and provided the strategic vision behind several successful digital ventures including db Ad Strategies, The Fifth Network and Oggifinoggi. In his time at Visto, he was a trusted advisor and mentor influencing and working to shape various aspects of Visto’s digital approach. Bill’s contributions to the industry as a whole will be seen in the waves of new media to come.
In 2018, one student will be awarded $10,000 based on outstanding talent.
To learn more click HERE.
Students are eligible to apply and be considered for The Visto Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, Native American or multiracial
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Queer
- Full-time student
- Rising undergraduate junior or senior, or enrolling/ enrolled in graduate school at the time of application
- GPA of 3.25 or above
- Interested in pursuing a career in New Media/Digital Advertising and/or Data Science
Please use the following checklist to prepare your application packet:
- Print out and complete the application form, click “Apply Now” to download .
- Personal Statement 1: Why should you be granted the scholarship? (Limited to 1 page/500 words)
- Personal Statement 2: Why are you pursuing a career in New Media and/or Data Science field? (Limited to 1 page/500 words)
- Attach current resume (limited to 1 page).
- Three (3) educational and/or professional references. (Limited to 1 page each)
- Most recent official transcript
- Three (3) examples of work (either school and/or outside project work). Examples would be: written work, portfolio work or creative work
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
Application packets should be printed, completed, and emailed to CBCscholarship@vistohub.com.
Application and other required documents should be attached to your submission email.
Please include your name and school in the email “subject” line of your submission email.
Should include a naming structure for documents (i.e. Last_First_Assignment_Caspare).
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at: CBCscholarship@vistohub.com
Applications must be
submitted by 11:59PM EDT
on Friday, June 29, 2018
Nathaniel Medina, University of California, Berkeley
Nikita Metharaman, New York University